Direct Support Professional - Community Living - East Indianapolis
- - Community Living
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Direct Support Professionals work one-on-one or within a team setting to expand opportunities and enhance the quality of life for people with disabilities and their families through individualized services! DSPs provide direct supervision and instruction to individuals, assist with daily personal care needs, and provide training and support for individuals to achieve outcomes in the areas of life skills, personal development, community integration, job skills and independent living.
DSPs in Noble's Community Living services work with individuals with disabilities in their home environment, teaching independent living skills and assisting with everyday tasks such as:
- meal preparation;
- medication administration;
- household maintenance; and
- bill payment.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and auto insurance with coverage limits of $50,000/$100,000 for bodily injury liability and $50,000 for property damage
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs; stand, walk, bend and reach frequently throughout the workday
- Criminal history checks, review of driving record, and drug screen are conducted prior to employment.
- Prefer 6 months of work experience in a human services field and/or experience with individuals with disabilities. Home Health Aid/CNA or NADSP credential a plus!
Compensation: Positions start at $12/hour, with a great benefits package available for staff working 30+ hours/week!