Direct Support Professional - Facility Based (West Indianapolis)
- - Business Enterprises
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you enthusiastic about working with people?
Motivated to make a difference in the lives of others?
Dedicated to a career in working with individuals with disabilities?
Noble is currently looking for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work in our Facility Bases program on the West side of Indianapolis.
Become a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Noble! Our DSPs support individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in a workshop setting, providing vocational services and supports by teaching work skills and overseeing production.
As a DSP in Noble's Business Enterprises vocational program, you might be asked to perform the following job duties:
- Coordinate and supervise daily production activities from set-up to completion, and ensure set-up and workflow process is efficient.
- Coordinate daily schedule of work opportunities for assigned individuals in accordance with the individual's support plan, choice of work tasks and departmental guidelines;
- Provide direct, interactive supervision, instruction and training in a variety of work and life skill areas, such as: work place behavior, task completion, attendance, problem solving, and workplace safety;
- Follow all safety guidelines regarding use of equipment, machines, tools and work processes to accomplish tasks.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and auto insurance with coverage limits of $50,000/$100,000 for bodily injury liability and $50,000 for property damage
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs; stand, walk, bend and reach frequently throughout the workday
- Criminal history checks, review of driving record, and drug screen are conducted prior to employment.
- Prefer 6 months of work experience in a human services field and/or experience with individuals with disabilities. Home Health Aid/CNA or NADSP credential a plus!
Compensation: Positions start at $12/hour, with a great benefits package available for staff working 30+ hours/week.
If you are having trouble during the application process, please contact HR by emailing email@example.com