Direct Support Professional - Community Exploration and Respite
- Community Integration - Community Exploration
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
Are you enthusiastic about working with people?
Motivated to make a difference in the lives of others?
Dedicated to a career in working with individuals with disabilities?
Noble is currently looking for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work in our Community Exploration and Respite program!
Become a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Noble! Our DSPs support individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in a facility based setting so they can achieve personal independence and active community participation.
As a DSP in Noble's Community Exploration and Respite program, you might be asked to perform the following job duties:
- DSPs in Noble's Community Exploration services work with individuals with disabilities in the community, identifying community resources which could enhance an individual's quality of life, and assisting individuals in being active members of their community through participation in activities of their choice. DSPs also provide transportation for the individuals to participate in those activities.
- DSPs in Noble's Respite Program provide care to families of people with disabilities. This is designed to provide caregivers a reprieve form providing care.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and auto insurance with coverage limits of $50,000/$100,000 for bodily injury liability and $50,000 for property damage
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs; stand, walk, bend and reach frequently throughout the workday
- Criminal history checks, review of driving record, and drug screen are conducted prior to employment.
- Prefer 6 months of work experience in a human services field and/or experience with individuals with disabilities. Home Health Aid/CNA or NADSP credential a plus!
Compensation: Positions start at $12/hour, with a great benefits package available for staff working 30+ hours/week.
If you are having trouble during the application process, please contact HR by emailing email@example.com