Direct Support Professional - Community Living - Noblesville (Overnights)
- - Community Living
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you enthusiastic about working with people?
Motivated to make a difference in the lives of others?
Dedicated to a career in working with individuals with disabilities?
Noble is currently looking for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work in our Community Living program supporting clients in Noblesville.
Become a Direct Support Professional (DSP) with Noble! Our DSPs support individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in a home setting so they can achieve personal independence and active community participation.
Make a difference in someone's life by teaching, assisting, facilitating and building on the individual's strengths in the areas of: Meal planning and food preparation; Shopping for groceries, clothing, and personal necessities; Budgeting and bill payment; Housekeeping and laundry; Personal hygiene; Recreation; Socialization; Health and safety; Self-advocacy; and Employment.
As a DSP, you might be asked to perform the following job duties:
- Actively engage in creating and maintaining a healthy and safe environment specific to each client,
- Discover and foster activities that promote a meaningful day,
- Introduce clients to new experiences and relationships,
- Work one-on-one to support our clients to learn new skills for daily living and growth,
- Understand and utilize individualized plans,
- Coordinate appointments and schedules,
- Transport clients as needed,
- Provide personal care,
- Complete all documentation in a professional, accurate and timely manner,
- And other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and auto insurance with coverage limits of $50,000/$100,000 for bodily injury liability and $50,000 for property damage
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs; stand, walk, bend and reach frequently throughout the workday
- Criminal history checks, review of driving record, and drug screen are conducted prior to employment.
- Prefer 6 months of work experience in a human services field and/or experience with individuals with disabilities. Home Health Aid/CNA or NADSP credential a plus!
Compensation: Positions start at $12/hour, with a great benefits package available for staff working 30+ hours/week.
If you are having trouble during the application process, please contact HR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org